Blog: Noisy neighbour
Leonie Barrie | 28 July 2006
ASBOs, or Anti-social Behaviour Orders, are an increasingly common way to deal with problems like graffiti, abusive and intimidating language, dropping litter and drunken behaviour. So why are they cropping up in a style blog? Well, UK retailer Next is being threatened with an ASBO by people living near one of its Merseyside stores over its noisy night-time deliveries. The angry residents claim the store is taking deliveries as late as 1am, and that goods are loaded into metal trollies, which make a loud screeching noise as they are dragged across the delivery yard. If successful, this would be the first ASBO issued against a company.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report