Blog: Olympic journey begins
Joe Ayling | 9 March 2011
Sportswear is on the agenda this morning (8 March) when just-style attends a one-day ASBCI seminar on the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The ASBCI, which stands for the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry, has changed its annual conference format for more frequent seminars.
Among the speakers today will be Speedo, Triumph and Marks and Spencer, with sessions on both sportswear and swimwear.
Last July the children's wear was the subject, and just-style heard about recessionary pressures on the market.
However, London 2012 is likely to provide a more upbeat discussion point in Leicester today, not least relating to the opportunities it brings for retailers.
Either way, the move to more snappy seminars is a refreshing one by the ASBCI.
Together with next month's Royal Wedding, the effects of which just-style reported yesterday, the 2012 Olympics are likely to bring some much-needed optimism back to the UK.
That is, of course, providing the Olympic Park is finished on time - and you can even view the building progress on these webcams.
With the exposure of a captive audience and millions of visitors ahead, clothing brands also need to construct an Olympic strategy, perhaps starting today.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack