Blog: Out in a swoosh
Leonie Barrie | 19 November 2004
So, Phil Knight is finally hanging up his boots at Nike Inc, the company he founded in 1972 and helped grow into the world’s largest sportswear brand with revenues of $12.3 billion in fiscal 2004 and product sales in nearly 200 countries. They’ll be big boots to fill, but successor William D Perez, the company’s new president and chief executive officer seems to have a track record that’ll keep the momentum going. Over his 34-year career with multi-billion dollar global consumer products company SC Johnson, Perez has managed country, regional and worldwide operations and multiple brands. And he knows how to operate a highly socially responsible global business. He’s also a Nike-wearing marathon runner! See the company's press release below for a more detailed CV:
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022