Blog: Phil Wrigley interview
Joe Ayling | 12 August 2009
Over the next week just-style will be running a two-part extended interview with Phil Wrigley, retail mogul and chairman of international value fashion chain New Look.
After months of trying to track Phil down at retail conferences the world over, an interview slot was agreed at the company's London office last month.
It was well worth the wait though, and an in-depth discussion with just-style news editor Joe Ayling covers everything from green shoots, to stores in Dubai, to paying a living wage in Bangladesh.
After gaining experience at retailers Bhs, Dorothy Perkins and Debenhams, Phil took charge as CEO of New Look when it went private in 2004, but relinquished his executive duties in April.
His comments on the economy and value fashion forms the first part of this Speaking with style series, which can be read here.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022