Blog: Phil Wrigley interview
Joe Ayling | 12 August 2009
Over the next week just-style will be running a two-part extended interview with Phil Wrigley, retail mogul and chairman of international value fashion chain New Look.
After months of trying to track Phil down at retail conferences the world over, an interview slot was agreed at the company's London office last month.
It was well worth the wait though, and an in-depth discussion with just-style news editor Joe Ayling covers everything from green shoots, to stores in Dubai, to paying a living wage in Bangladesh.
After gaining experience at retailers Bhs, Dorothy Perkins and Debenhams, Phil took charge as CEO of New Look when it went private in 2004, but relinquished his executive duties in April.
His comments on the economy and value fashion forms the first part of this Speaking with style series, which can be read here.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022