Blog: Pocket power
Leonie Barrie | 30 September 2004
Have you ever wished you could put your hands in your pockets while strapped into your seat, or put your left hand into your right side pocket or vice versa? No don’t laugh. Apparently it’s a problem that’s been vexing Massachusetts clothing designer Steve Gomes, president of Xway Apparel, who’s just developed a patent pending pocket that enables you to do just this.
Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. For instance, if you’re in a wheelchair or suffer with back pain or a temporary or permanent loss of use of one hand, you can still get into either pocket. The designer also suggests it could prevent accidental loss or theft while on vacation, or make life easier when you’re at the bank or pharmacy. You might not think you need the Altax pocket just now, but it could well be coming to a garment near you soon.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective