Blog: Pocket power
Leonie Barrie | 30 September 2004
Have you ever wished you could put your hands in your pockets while strapped into your seat, or put your left hand into your right side pocket or vice versa? No don’t laugh. Apparently it’s a problem that’s been vexing Massachusetts clothing designer Steve Gomes, president of Xway Apparel, who’s just developed a patent pending pocket that enables you to do just this.
Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. For instance, if you’re in a wheelchair or suffer with back pain or a temporary or permanent loss of use of one hand, you can still get into either pocket. The designer also suggests it could prevent accidental loss or theft while on vacation, or make life easier when you’re at the bank or pharmacy. You might not think you need the Altax pocket just now, but it could well be coming to a garment near you soon.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report