Blog: Pocket power
Leonie Barrie | 30 September 2004
Have you ever wished you could put your hands in your pockets while strapped into your seat, or put your left hand into your right side pocket or vice versa? No don’t laugh. Apparently it’s a problem that’s been vexing Massachusetts clothing designer Steve Gomes, president of Xway Apparel, who’s just developed a patent pending pocket that enables you to do just this.
Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. For instance, if you’re in a wheelchair or suffer with back pain or a temporary or permanent loss of use of one hand, you can still get into either pocket. The designer also suggests it could prevent accidental loss or theft while on vacation, or make life easier when you’re at the bank or pharmacy. You might not think you need the Altax pocket just now, but it could well be coming to a garment near you soon.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022