Blog: Pocket power
Leonie Barrie | 30 September 2004
Have you ever wished you could put your hands in your pockets while strapped into your seat, or put your left hand into your right side pocket or vice versa? No don’t laugh. Apparently it’s a problem that’s been vexing Massachusetts clothing designer Steve Gomes, president of Xway Apparel, who’s just developed a patent pending pocket that enables you to do just this.
Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. For instance, if you’re in a wheelchair or suffer with back pain or a temporary or permanent loss of use of one hand, you can still get into either pocket. The designer also suggests it could prevent accidental loss or theft while on vacation, or make life easier when you’re at the bank or pharmacy. You might not think you need the Altax pocket just now, but it could well be coming to a garment near you soon.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack