Blog: Primark launches online at Asos
Katie Smith | 3 June 2013
Skinny joggers, skater dresses and printed T-shirts are now available online
UK value fashion retailer Primark has today (3 June) stepped into the world of e-commerce by launching its products at online clothing firm Asos.
Skinny joggers, skater dresses and printed T-shirts are among some of the items that are now available to buy online for the first time.
"As an online fashion destination, Asos delivers an edit of the brands and product that are relevant to its twenty-something target market. Primark is part of that mix. As such, a small selection of Primark's most fashion-led pieces are available on Asos from today," Asos said.
The move comes after Asos posted another half of strong profit and sales growth in April, while Primark recorded an "exceptionally strong" first-half performance, with sales growing 24% and like-for-like sales rising 7%.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report