Blog: Prime Source agenda turns to sourcing
Joe Ayling | 31 March 2010
It's day two of Prime Source Forum in a rather humid Hong Kong, and attention has turned to the nuts and bolts of this industry - sourcing.
The schedule has kicked off with an update on China, described as "still the workbench of the world".
Global sourcing strategy is up next, with moderator Thomas Nelson, the managing director of VF Asia, certain to drum up the debate.
Nelson met one-to-one with just-style on Monday, and made his views clear on a single set of industry standards for manufacturers. He would like to see an organisation bring clear and consistent sustainability and product safety guidelines to the table.
The sourcing hotspot of Bangladesh is certain to get plenty of air time this morning too.
Yesterday Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association president Fazlul Hoque told just-style that although its export market was booming, price pressures on suppliers were intense during the financial crisis.
Anyway, the oriental cymbals are beckoning delegates back from their coffee break so here comes the next session...
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores