Blog: Prime Source agenda turns to sourcing
Joe Ayling | 31 March 2010
It's day two of Prime Source Forum in a rather humid Hong Kong, and attention has turned to the nuts and bolts of this industry - sourcing.
The schedule has kicked off with an update on China, described as "still the workbench of the world".
Global sourcing strategy is up next, with moderator Thomas Nelson, the managing director of VF Asia, certain to drum up the debate.
Nelson met one-to-one with just-style on Monday, and made his views clear on a single set of industry standards for manufacturers. He would like to see an organisation bring clear and consistent sustainability and product safety guidelines to the table.
The sourcing hotspot of Bangladesh is certain to get plenty of air time this morning too.
Yesterday Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association president Fazlul Hoque told just-style that although its export market was booming, price pressures on suppliers were intense during the financial crisis.
Anyway, the oriental cymbals are beckoning delegates back from their coffee break so here comes the next session...
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020