Blog: Prime Source agenda turns to sourcing
Joe Ayling | 31 March 2010
It's day two of Prime Source Forum in a rather humid Hong Kong, and attention has turned to the nuts and bolts of this industry - sourcing.
The schedule has kicked off with an update on China, described as "still the workbench of the world".
Global sourcing strategy is up next, with moderator Thomas Nelson, the managing director of VF Asia, certain to drum up the debate.
Nelson met one-to-one with just-style on Monday, and made his views clear on a single set of industry standards for manufacturers. He would like to see an organisation bring clear and consistent sustainability and product safety guidelines to the table.
The sourcing hotspot of Bangladesh is certain to get plenty of air time this morning too.
Yesterday Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association president Fazlul Hoque told just-style that although its export market was booming, price pressures on suppliers were intense during the financial crisis.
Anyway, the oriental cymbals are beckoning delegates back from their coffee break so here comes the next session...
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar