Blog: Prime Source Forum beckons
Joe Ayling | 26 March 2010
It hardly feels like ten minutes since just-style was last invited to join top apparel executives in Hong Kong for the annual Prime Source Forum, but it has been a full year.
The forum begins on Monday (30 March) with workshop discussions between the experts involved this year.
The following two days' debate - involving 65 speakers and panellists - promises much, with topics for discussions including sustainability, technology, trade policies and demand for apparel.
Who knows, there may even be the odd cocktail party and luncheon thrown in for good measure?
just-style will be excited to hear the latest developments in manufacturing, sourcing and design, and will be reporting on every word spoken next week.
Prime Source Forum is generally accepted as the definitive meeting place for the global apparel industry, and Hong Kong's position as fashion's sourcing hub make it the perfect venue.
just-style news editor Joe Ayling will be reporting from the event all week, and is keen to meet up with people in the industry to chat over a coffee, cocktail or basket of dim sum.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest Prime Source stories, insights or schedules in Hong Kong.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020