Blog: Prime Source Forum beckons
Joe Ayling | 26 March 2010
It hardly feels like ten minutes since just-style was last invited to join top apparel executives in Hong Kong for the annual Prime Source Forum, but it has been a full year.
The forum begins on Monday (30 March) with workshop discussions between the experts involved this year.
The following two days' debate - involving 65 speakers and panellists - promises much, with topics for discussions including sustainability, technology, trade policies and demand for apparel.
Who knows, there may even be the odd cocktail party and luncheon thrown in for good measure?
just-style will be excited to hear the latest developments in manufacturing, sourcing and design, and will be reporting on every word spoken next week.
Prime Source Forum is generally accepted as the definitive meeting place for the global apparel industry, and Hong Kong's position as fashion's sourcing hub make it the perfect venue.
just-style news editor Joe Ayling will be reporting from the event all week, and is keen to meet up with people in the industry to chat over a coffee, cocktail or basket of dim sum.
Feel free to contact email@example.com with your latest Prime Source stories, insights or schedules in Hong Kong.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar