Blog: Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year
Katie Smith | 4 June 2013
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) named New York-based upscale apparel accessories brand Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year.
The award for men's wear designer of the year was given to Thom Browne, while Phillip Lim for 3.1 Phillip Lim took home the accessories designer of the year yesterday (3 June) at the CFDA fashion awards.
The three Swarovski Awards, which honour and recognise emerging talent, went to Erin Beatty & Max Osterweis (women's wear), Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne (men's wear) and Pamela Love (accessory design).
Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy was given the international award.
The Geoffrey Beene lifetime achievement award was presented to Vera Wang, while Colleen Atwood was awarded the board of directors' tribute.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar