Blog: Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year
Katie Smith | 4 June 2013
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) named New York-based upscale apparel accessories brand Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year.
The award for men's wear designer of the year was given to Thom Browne, while Phillip Lim for 3.1 Phillip Lim took home the accessories designer of the year yesterday (3 June) at the CFDA fashion awards.
The three Swarovski Awards, which honour and recognise emerging talent, went to Erin Beatty & Max Osterweis (women's wear), Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne (men's wear) and Pamela Love (accessory design).
Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy was given the international award.
The Geoffrey Beene lifetime achievement award was presented to Vera Wang, while Colleen Atwood was awarded the board of directors' tribute.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- 3D CAD comes of age
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack