Blog: Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year
Katie Smith | 4 June 2013
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) named New York-based upscale apparel accessories brand Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year.
The award for men's wear designer of the year was given to Thom Browne, while Phillip Lim for 3.1 Phillip Lim took home the accessories designer of the year yesterday (3 June) at the CFDA fashion awards.
The three Swarovski Awards, which honour and recognise emerging talent, went to Erin Beatty & Max Osterweis (women's wear), Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne (men's wear) and Pamela Love (accessory design).
Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy was given the international award.
The Geoffrey Beene lifetime achievement award was presented to Vera Wang, while Colleen Atwood was awarded the board of directors' tribute.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020