Blog: Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year
Katie Smith | 4 June 2013
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) named New York-based upscale apparel accessories brand Proenza Schouler women's wear designer of the year.
The award for men's wear designer of the year was given to Thom Browne, while Phillip Lim for 3.1 Phillip Lim took home the accessories designer of the year yesterday (3 June) at the CFDA fashion awards.
The three Swarovski Awards, which honour and recognise emerging talent, went to Erin Beatty & Max Osterweis (women's wear), Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne (men's wear) and Pamela Love (accessory design).
Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy was given the international award.
The Geoffrey Beene lifetime achievement award was presented to Vera Wang, while Colleen Atwood was awarded the board of directors' tribute.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022