Blog: Putting the boot in
Leonie Barrie | 24 March 2006
Yesterday’s decision by the EU member states to “approve” anti-dumping duties on EU leather footwear imports from China and Vietnam has sent tempers rising. But did you know that just three (Malta, Slovakia and Belgium) of the EU’s 25 member states voted in favour of the measure while 11 voted against it? Surely by anyone’s calculations that’s not a majority?
Well, according to Brussels it is. Under its arcane rules, the 11 other member states that abstained are considered to have voted in favour of the proposal. So the Commissions recommendations were carried on a 14 (3 Yes + 11 Abstentions) to 11 vote. No wonder it’s not only the Chinese who can’t see the joke.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022