Blog: Rapper prompts Caribbean Clarks craze
Joe Ayling | 8 July 2010
A Jamaican rap artist has helped footwear firm Clarks towards cult status in the country, thanks to his latest song about the brand.
The UK shoe firm has seen a surging demand in Jamaica since rapper Vybz Kartel - see below - released his curiously spelt 'Clarkes' song.
Clarks Originals feature heavily in the song and its accompanying video, often being dusted off with a toothbrush, strangely enough.
Originals and Wallabees shot to fame during the 90s when Brit Pop groups Oasis and The Verve showcased them on album covers.
A decade on and it looks like the iconic shoes have crossed music genres into rap.
And with lyrics like: "The leather's hard, the suede soft, a toothbrush gets off the dust fast," it's all rather complimentary.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack