Blog: Rapper prompts Caribbean Clarks craze
Joe Ayling | 8 July 2010
A Jamaican rap artist has helped footwear firm Clarks towards cult status in the country, thanks to his latest song about the brand.
The UK shoe firm has seen a surging demand in Jamaica since rapper Vybz Kartel - see below - released his curiously spelt 'Clarkes' song.
Clarks Originals feature heavily in the song and its accompanying video, often being dusted off with a toothbrush, strangely enough.
Originals and Wallabees shot to fame during the 90s when Brit Pop groups Oasis and The Verve showcased them on album covers.
A decade on and it looks like the iconic shoes have crossed music genres into rap.
And with lyrics like: "The leather's hard, the suede soft, a toothbrush gets off the dust fast," it's all rather complimentary.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack