Blog: Redfoot takes folding shoes upmarket
Katie Smith | 16 December 2010
Many of us women struggle to keep our high heels on during a night out and often have the blisters on our feet to prove it.
However, a new foldaway footwear range called Redfoot may have solved all our problems ladies.
Redfoot has been awarded a 'Disney Halo' for best experiential product for their Disney Limited Edition range.
It was judged against Boots' Mini Mouse Toiletry range and Kenkro organic snacks. I'm not entirely sure how folding shoes could have been judged against organic snacks, but nevertheless, they still won the award.
“We’ve been manufacturing shoes for over 82 years for many of the major retailers, so to be presented with an award for our own brand and our own design, is incredibly fulfilling,” the company says.
Folding shoes are especially useful at the end of a night out, walking to the taxi or venturing home.
Redfoot folding pumps “can be folded into a tiny pouch, perfect for popping in a handbag – and affordable price point”, the firm adds.
Its phrase "affordable" might raise hopes you can grab some for a fiver, but no. In fact, the starting price point of nearly GBP50 seems a bit steep even without heels on.
Could it be then, that the lure of comfy feet is taking folding shoes upmarket?
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020