Blog: Redfoot takes folding shoes upmarket
Katie Smith | 16 December 2010
Many of us women struggle to keep our high heels on during a night out and often have the blisters on our feet to prove it.
However, a new foldaway footwear range called Redfoot may have solved all our problems ladies.
Redfoot has been awarded a 'Disney Halo' for best experiential product for their Disney Limited Edition range.
It was judged against Boots' Mini Mouse Toiletry range and Kenkro organic snacks. I'm not entirely sure how folding shoes could have been judged against organic snacks, but nevertheless, they still won the award.
“We’ve been manufacturing shoes for over 82 years for many of the major retailers, so to be presented with an award for our own brand and our own design, is incredibly fulfilling,” the company says.
Folding shoes are especially useful at the end of a night out, walking to the taxi or venturing home.
Redfoot folding pumps “can be folded into a tiny pouch, perfect for popping in a handbag – and affordable price point”, the firm adds.
Its phrase "affordable" might raise hopes you can grab some for a fiver, but no. In fact, the starting price point of nearly GBP50 seems a bit steep even without heels on.
Could it be then, that the lure of comfy feet is taking folding shoes upmarket?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts