Blog: Redfoot takes folding shoes upmarket
Katie Smith | 16 December 2010
Many of us women struggle to keep our high heels on during a night out and often have the blisters on our feet to prove it.
However, a new foldaway footwear range called Redfoot may have solved all our problems ladies.
Redfoot has been awarded a 'Disney Halo' for best experiential product for their Disney Limited Edition range.
It was judged against Boots' Mini Mouse Toiletry range and Kenkro organic snacks. I'm not entirely sure how folding shoes could have been judged against organic snacks, but nevertheless, they still won the award.
“We’ve been manufacturing shoes for over 82 years for many of the major retailers, so to be presented with an award for our own brand and our own design, is incredibly fulfilling,” the company says.
Folding shoes are especially useful at the end of a night out, walking to the taxi or venturing home.
Redfoot folding pumps “can be folded into a tiny pouch, perfect for popping in a handbag – and affordable price point”, the firm adds.
Its phrase "affordable" might raise hopes you can grab some for a fiver, but no. In fact, the starting price point of nearly GBP50 seems a bit steep even without heels on.
Could it be then, that the lure of comfy feet is taking folding shoes upmarket?
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016