Blog: Retailers urged to use plus-size mannequins
Katie Smith | 9 September 2013
UK apparel retailers have been urged to put plus-size mannequins in their stores to promote healthier attitudes to realistic body images for women.
According to a report in The Sunday Times, Equalities Minister Jo Swinson said retailers display the latest fashionable outfit on "size 10 dummies" despite the average dress size increasing from 12-16 in the last decade.
Debenhams is preparing to display size 16 mannequins in its Oxford Street store in London. Earlier this month, it released a swimwear image featuring a size 18 model to encourage customers to "feel confident on the beach" and to prompt other high street retailers to use a variety of body shapes in their photography.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
While progress has been made in talks on the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) pact, the EU and US have this week outlined areas where significant work remains to be done....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022