Blog: Rocking the boundaries
Leonie Barrie | 17 June 2009
Judging by the pictures that appear regularly on the pages of the tabloid press, Rolling Stones musician Ronnie Wood is not, at first glance anyway, the most likely collaborator on a trendy fashion range.
So it’s perhaps a relief to realise it’s not his personal style that’s the inspiration for a new line with up-market department store Liberty of London.
Instead, it’s Wood’s other pastime as an acclaimed artist that is leading to a collection of prints which will appear on a range of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories designed by the retailer’s creative director Tamara Salman.
We’ll have to wait until the autumn, though, to see if the range really rocks.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022