Blog: Rocking the boundaries
Leonie Barrie | 17 June 2009
Judging by the pictures that appear regularly on the pages of the tabloid press, Rolling Stones musician Ronnie Wood is not, at first glance anyway, the most likely collaborator on a trendy fashion range.
So it’s perhaps a relief to realise it’s not his personal style that’s the inspiration for a new line with up-market department store Liberty of London.
Instead, it’s Wood’s other pastime as an acclaimed artist that is leading to a collection of prints which will appear on a range of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories designed by the retailer’s creative director Tamara Salman.
We’ll have to wait until the autumn, though, to see if the range really rocks.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar