Blog: Rocking the boundaries
Leonie Barrie | 17 June 2009
Judging by the pictures that appear regularly on the pages of the tabloid press, Rolling Stones musician Ronnie Wood is not, at first glance anyway, the most likely collaborator on a trendy fashion range.
So it’s perhaps a relief to realise it’s not his personal style that’s the inspiration for a new line with up-market department store Liberty of London.
Instead, it’s Wood’s other pastime as an acclaimed artist that is leading to a collection of prints which will appear on a range of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories designed by the retailer’s creative director Tamara Salman.
We’ll have to wait until the autumn, though, to see if the range really rocks.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016