Blog: Royal Wedding fever strikes
Joe Ayling | 28 April 2011
Believe it or not we have another public holiday in the UK this weekend, to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Style-wise, tomorrow promises to end rife speculation about the designer of Kate Middleton's dress(es), together with the length of its train and possible colours.
The present favourite to be named as wedding dress designer is Sarah Burton, while Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney are joint favourites to have supplied the evening dress.
Various street parties and gatherings are obviously being planned in the UK, but substantial celebrations further afield - especially in the US - suggest us Brits aren't the only ones who should get a holiday.
just-style will next hit your inbox on Tuesday (3 May) with all the latest industry news and insights, because we have also been granted a holiday for May Day on Monday.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020