Blog: Royal Wedding fever strikes
Joe Ayling | 28 April 2011
Believe it or not we have another public holiday in the UK this weekend, to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Style-wise, tomorrow promises to end rife speculation about the designer of Kate Middleton's dress(es), together with the length of its train and possible colours.
The present favourite to be named as wedding dress designer is Sarah Burton, while Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney are joint favourites to have supplied the evening dress.
Various street parties and gatherings are obviously being planned in the UK, but substantial celebrations further afield - especially in the US - suggest us Brits aren't the only ones who should get a holiday.
just-style will next hit your inbox on Tuesday (3 May) with all the latest industry news and insights, because we have also been granted a holiday for May Day on Monday.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar