Blog: Say goodbye to posture problems
Katie Smith | 27 January 2014
Problems with posture are set to be a thing of the past, with the introduction of a T-shirt designed to make the wearer stand tall.
So how does it work? According to UpCouture, the French fashion firm behind the product, bands of elastic film sewn into the upper section of the top apply light pressure to remind the wearer to stand with his or her shoulders back.
The company made more than 30 various prototypes before the final product was reached.
The manufacturing process comprises several steps, including sewing and bonding together an extra-thin film to the garment.
The bonded fabric is then cut into five specific shapes for the stress points of the T-shirt. The final garment is assembled layer by layer, with the shapes placed on the appropriate parts of the T-shirt and then bonded together.
But this dream posture comes at a cost. Each T-shirt is priced at GBP105 (US$172.50), and is available in a range of sizes, colours and styles for men and women.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
The European Union (EU) is being urged to adopt a roadmap for Sri Lanka with time-bound measures to comply with core labour conventions before it can regain GSP+ beneficiary status. ...
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack