Blog: Shopping with a conscience
Leonie Barrie | 2 December 2008
For those of you who will be giving Christmas presents this year, how about shopping with a conscience?
A new guide lists sweatshop-free options for consumers who want to purchase men’s, women’s and baby wear, coats, T-shirts, footwear and even sports equipment which have all been made under ethical conditions.
Produced by SweatFree Communities and the International Labor Rights Forum, the 2009 Shop with a Conscience Consumer Guide lists retailers and wholesalers who have been vetted to ensure their products meet sweatfree criteria – which include safe working conditions, living wages and good benefits for workers, unions or worker-owned cooperatives. The companies even list the sources of their products.
A great way to give gifts – and also support those firms who care where their merchandise comes from.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022