Blog: Skechers pushes Adidas off US No.2 spot
Michelle Russell | 19 May 2015
It seems Adidas has been caught napping after Skechers passed the German sporting giant to take its second place in the sports footwear market in the US.
Accounting for 5% of the market, Skechers has pushed Adidas into third place at 4.6%. According to the Wall Street Journal, Nike and the Jordan brand retain the joint number one position with a combined 62% share of the US sports footwear market.
Skechers posted another quarter of record revenues last month, with net profit nearly doubling on last year’s first-quarter.
The fast-growing footwear business said continued strong demand for lifestyle, performance and children’s footwear had driven gains in the first three months of 2015.
Zacks Equity Research said in a note to investors: “Skechers has been gaining momentum following its impressive first-quarter 2015 performance. Shares of this designer, developer, marketer, and distributor of footwear have surged roughly 31% since 22 April, when the company announced its results. We believe that the company's strong fundamentals are capable of providing further impetus to the stock.”
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has received two new orders worth more than US$38m over the next three years to produce both hot weather and temperate weather combat boots for the US Mili...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
Top stories this week on just-style include an update on the US warning of a terrorist threat to Bangladesh, a look at why China's apparel exports are facing a serious threat, how apparel sourcing pro...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, the world's largest branded sports shoe maker, has sacked the chief financial officer of its Pou Sheng International business and accepted the resignation of the unit's C...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
US women's footwear, accessories and denim firm Nine West Holdings has appointed former Ralph Lauren executive Joel Oblonsky as CEO of its namesake and Bandolino brands....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar