Blog: Sloggi goes green with organic undies
Joe Ayling | 30 January 2008
Well-known intimate apparel brand Sloggi was launching its first range of organic cotton underpants to buyers at a UK trade show I attended today (30 January).
It shows how far organic cotton has come - to be incorporated into products that are essentially built for comfort. Sloggi's stand, pictured below, also emphasised just how many product categories were looking to go organic in UK fashion.
Furthermore, if the organic food trade in this country is anything to go by then the organic clothing market is only just getting started.
Sloggi, which is owned by intimate apparel group Triumph International, was one of 100 exhibitors at the Aimex Menswear Show in Solihull, Birmingham.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective