Blog: Sloggi goes green with organic undies
Joe Ayling | 30 January 2008
Well-known intimate apparel brand Sloggi was launching its first range of organic cotton underpants to buyers at a UK trade show I attended today (30 January).
It shows how far organic cotton has come - to be incorporated into products that are essentially built for comfort. Sloggi's stand, pictured below, also emphasised just how many product categories were looking to go organic in UK fashion.
Furthermore, if the organic food trade in this country is anything to go by then the organic clothing market is only just getting started.
Sloggi, which is owned by intimate apparel group Triumph International, was one of 100 exhibitors at the Aimex Menswear Show in Solihull, Birmingham.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack