Blog: Sloggi goes green with organic undies
Joe Ayling | 30 January 2008
Well-known intimate apparel brand Sloggi was launching its first range of organic cotton underpants to buyers at a UK trade show I attended today (30 January).
It shows how far organic cotton has come - to be incorporated into products that are essentially built for comfort. Sloggi's stand, pictured below, also emphasised just how many product categories were looking to go organic in UK fashion.
Furthermore, if the organic food trade in this country is anything to go by then the organic clothing market is only just getting started.
Sloggi, which is owned by intimate apparel group Triumph International, was one of 100 exhibitors at the Aimex Menswear Show in Solihull, Birmingham.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar