Blog: Sloggi goes green with organic undies
Joe Ayling | 30 January 2008
Well-known intimate apparel brand Sloggi was launching its first range of organic cotton underpants to buyers at a UK trade show I attended today (30 January).
It shows how far organic cotton has come - to be incorporated into products that are essentially built for comfort. Sloggi's stand, pictured below, also emphasised just how many product categories were looking to go organic in UK fashion.
Furthermore, if the organic food trade in this country is anything to go by then the organic clothing market is only just getting started.
Sloggi, which is owned by intimate apparel group Triumph International, was one of 100 exhibitors at the Aimex Menswear Show in Solihull, Birmingham.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022