Blog: Snag-free stockings...well almost
Leonie Barrie | 11 July 2003
Despite being touted as ‘unique’ by inventor Yoshiumi Hamada, who used to make air conditioner cleaning sprays, it’s not the first time women have coloured their legs to give a special effect. Clothing rationing the Second World War prompted many women to paint stockings onto their legs using gravy browning. And of course today’s modern equivalent is the fake suntan.
Available in three different colours the Air-Stockings consists of a quick-drying, waterproof mixture of adhesive and silk powder which needs to be rubbed into the skin – a time-consuming process if it has to be carried out every day. And like the self-tan, unless it is applied uniformly there is the danger of streaking and uneven patches – both of which look infinitely worse than pale legs or stockings!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack