Blog: Snag-free stockings...well almost
Leonie Barrie | 11 July 2003
Despite being touted as ‘unique’ by inventor Yoshiumi Hamada, who used to make air conditioner cleaning sprays, it’s not the first time women have coloured their legs to give a special effect. Clothing rationing the Second World War prompted many women to paint stockings onto their legs using gravy browning. And of course today’s modern equivalent is the fake suntan.
Available in three different colours the Air-Stockings consists of a quick-drying, waterproof mixture of adhesive and silk powder which needs to be rubbed into the skin – a time-consuming process if it has to be carried out every day. And like the self-tan, unless it is applied uniformly there is the danger of streaking and uneven patches – both of which look infinitely worse than pale legs or stockings!
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020