Blog: Snag-free stockings...well almost
Leonie Barrie | 11 July 2003
Despite being touted as ‘unique’ by inventor Yoshiumi Hamada, who used to make air conditioner cleaning sprays, it’s not the first time women have coloured their legs to give a special effect. Clothing rationing the Second World War prompted many women to paint stockings onto their legs using gravy browning. And of course today’s modern equivalent is the fake suntan.
Available in three different colours the Air-Stockings consists of a quick-drying, waterproof mixture of adhesive and silk powder which needs to be rubbed into the skin – a time-consuming process if it has to be carried out every day. And like the self-tan, unless it is applied uniformly there is the danger of streaking and uneven patches – both of which look infinitely worse than pale legs or stockings!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022