Blog: Snag-free stockings...well almost
Leonie Barrie | 11 July 2003
Despite being touted as ‘unique’ by inventor Yoshiumi Hamada, who used to make air conditioner cleaning sprays, it’s not the first time women have coloured their legs to give a special effect. Clothing rationing the Second World War prompted many women to paint stockings onto their legs using gravy browning. And of course today’s modern equivalent is the fake suntan.
Available in three different colours the Air-Stockings consists of a quick-drying, waterproof mixture of adhesive and silk powder which needs to be rubbed into the skin – a time-consuming process if it has to be carried out every day. And like the self-tan, unless it is applied uniformly there is the danger of streaking and uneven patches – both of which look infinitely worse than pale legs or stockings!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar