Blog: Snood feud across Manchester
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2010
Last week's blog on snoods did not go unnoticed by a growing community of people intrigued by what is essentially a glorified scarf, and there is more to report.
Search engine giant Bing was in touch with just-style over the issue, revealing a 600% increase in search popularity for the term 'snood'.
Meanwhile, the neck warmer has grown in stature of late thanks to boyband JLS and footballers like Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.
As the X Factor drew to a close JLS optimised its snood exposure, while Tevez dominated back pages yesterday (12 December) by handing in a non-snood related transfer request.
In both fashion and sport, the snood is having a Marmite effect on the market, loved by some players but banned by Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand.
And although I haven't tested the water just yet, it is likely that just-style's newsdesk will remain a snood-friendly zone.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar