Blog: Snood feud across Manchester
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2010
Last week's blog on snoods did not go unnoticed by a growing community of people intrigued by what is essentially a glorified scarf, and there is more to report.
Search engine giant Bing was in touch with just-style over the issue, revealing a 600% increase in search popularity for the term 'snood'.
Meanwhile, the neck warmer has grown in stature of late thanks to boyband JLS and footballers like Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.
As the X Factor drew to a close JLS optimised its snood exposure, while Tevez dominated back pages yesterday (12 December) by handing in a non-snood related transfer request.
In both fashion and sport, the snood is having a Marmite effect on the market, loved by some players but banned by Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand.
And although I haven't tested the water just yet, it is likely that just-style's newsdesk will remain a snood-friendly zone.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack