Blog: Snood feud across Manchester
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2010
Last week's blog on snoods did not go unnoticed by a growing community of people intrigued by what is essentially a glorified scarf, and there is more to report.
Search engine giant Bing was in touch with just-style over the issue, revealing a 600% increase in search popularity for the term 'snood'.
Meanwhile, the neck warmer has grown in stature of late thanks to boyband JLS and footballers like Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.
As the X Factor drew to a close JLS optimised its snood exposure, while Tevez dominated back pages yesterday (12 December) by handing in a non-snood related transfer request.
In both fashion and sport, the snood is having a Marmite effect on the market, loved by some players but banned by Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand.
And although I haven't tested the water just yet, it is likely that just-style's newsdesk will remain a snood-friendly zone.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016