Blog: So long, farewell
Petah Marian | 27 September 2013
A slight change in direction means that today will be my last day with just-style.
So much has changed in the apparel industry over the past two years - sustainability is becoming increasingly important, while there is now a real sense of urgency around improving safety conditions in Bangladesh.
This is an exciting time to be in the apparel industry and an exciting time to be writing about the industry.
The greatest pleasure in this job has been getting to know the just-style community at various gatherings around the world.
I'll still be writing about the apparel industry, albeit with a slightly different focus, so I look forward to bumping into many of you soon in my new role.
In the meantime, I leave you in Leonie and Katie's very dependable hands, and hope the next news and insights editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report