Blog: So long, farewell
Petah Marian | 27 September 2013
A slight change in direction means that today will be my last day with just-style.
So much has changed in the apparel industry over the past two years - sustainability is becoming increasingly important, while there is now a real sense of urgency around improving safety conditions in Bangladesh.
This is an exciting time to be in the apparel industry and an exciting time to be writing about the industry.
The greatest pleasure in this job has been getting to know the just-style community at various gatherings around the world.
I'll still be writing about the apparel industry, albeit with a slightly different focus, so I look forward to bumping into many of you soon in my new role.
In the meantime, I leave you in Leonie and Katie's very dependable hands, and hope the next news and insights editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020