Blog: So long, farewell
Petah Marian | 27 September 2013
A slight change in direction means that today will be my last day with just-style.
So much has changed in the apparel industry over the past two years - sustainability is becoming increasingly important, while there is now a real sense of urgency around improving safety conditions in Bangladesh.
This is an exciting time to be in the apparel industry and an exciting time to be writing about the industry.
The greatest pleasure in this job has been getting to know the just-style community at various gatherings around the world.
I'll still be writing about the apparel industry, albeit with a slightly different focus, so I look forward to bumping into many of you soon in my new role.
In the meantime, I leave you in Leonie and Katie's very dependable hands, and hope the next news and insights editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Wolverine Worldwide, Dillard's
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar