Blog: So long, farewell
Petah Marian | 27 September 2013
A slight change in direction means that today will be my last day with just-style.
So much has changed in the apparel industry over the past two years - sustainability is becoming increasingly important, while there is now a real sense of urgency around improving safety conditions in Bangladesh.
This is an exciting time to be in the apparel industry and an exciting time to be writing about the industry.
The greatest pleasure in this job has been getting to know the just-style community at various gatherings around the world.
I'll still be writing about the apparel industry, albeit with a slightly different focus, so I look forward to bumping into many of you soon in my new role.
In the meantime, I leave you in Leonie and Katie's very dependable hands, and hope the next news and insights editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"