Blog: Social networkers are social shoppers too
Leonie Barrie | 18 October 2007
Now I’m not really a fan of social networking sites like Facebook or MySpace, but I do know that they’re hugely popular…at least with a certain generation. It also seems that social networkers are more likely to visit retail websites for apparel, music, consumer electrics, jewellery and luxury goods according to new research published earlier this week. I guess it’s a logical correlation, that if you spend time talking to friends over the internet then you’ll also choose to shop this way too, but the data is now here to prove it.
comScore, which measures Internet usage, has found that more than 95% of “heavy” social networkers visited retail sites in August, compared to 80% of the total US Internet audience. Among the most popular fashion and apparel sites were those oriented to young adults, including well known brands like Hollister, Pac Sun, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
If they aren’t already doing so, apparel retailers – especially those geared towards younger consumers – would be well advised to consider the use of social networking sites as a marketing channel. People love to talk about new products, like the pair of designer jeans they just bought, and experiences, so this is a great way to tap into those conversations.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack