Blog: Software Scorecard
Leonie Barrie | 2 May 2006
Here’s something that should be of immense use to anyone tasked with the unenviable challenge of buying apparel software: a ranking that provides a head-to-head comparison of today’s top software vendors. Anything that not only does a lot of the legwork for you, but also includes feedback from existing users, has to be worth a look. The Software Scorecard is based on votes from apparel professionals responsible for IT decisions, so the companies that feature in the results are those that also have a happy and engaged customer base. Vendors were rated on a combination of customer satisfaction and breadth and scope of apparel solutions and business
As for the results, the No 1 software vendor is AS/AP Apparel Software, which received the highest total overall Scorecard points, as well as the highest customer satisfaction score. Rounding out the top 10 on the Scorecard, in order, are: SAP America; CommercialWare; Blue Fox Porini/NedGraphics; Celerant Technology; New Generation Computing Inc; GCS Software LLC; TukaTech Inc; Oracle; and Apparel Business Systems LLC.
To see who rated highest in other categories such as Apparel Knowledge, ROI, Ease of Installation and Quality of Service, you’ll have to download the free report, which is published by US-based Apparel Magazine. It only takes a couple of seconds to register, and I’m sure you’ll find it’s worth it.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report