Blog: Something for the Christmas list?
Joe Ayling | 15 December 2010
The female fascination of sparkling diamonds has driven many a prospective husband towards bankruptcy, but this year it gets worse.
Look away now gents, because luxury lingerie brand Ultimo is launching a diamond encrusted bra costing a whopping GBP800,000.
"If you’re feeling generous and want to spoil your lady this Christmas, this is the only way to do it," a company statement said.
Now forgive me for being a 'low roller', but forking out close to a million for a stocking filler seems a bit much, and not just because there's a recession on.
As you can see below, the diamond bra is stunning - adorned with 32 brilliant-cut 1 carat diamonds that form the bra’s backstrap.
But something tells me it is closer aligned to the Christmas list of a footballer's wife than a journalist's.
Luckily Ultimo is also launching a 'spend a little less' version priced at just GBP35, meaning the rest of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Designer, Michelle Mone OBE, adds: "Everyone has felt the pinch of the recession, so we created an identical bra design replacing the diamonds with diamanté crystals. Women can stay equally as stylish and glamorous on a budget thanks to this bra."
Christmas is back on.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022