Blog: Something for the Christmas list?
Joe Ayling | 15 December 2010
The female fascination of sparkling diamonds has driven many a prospective husband towards bankruptcy, but this year it gets worse.
Look away now gents, because luxury lingerie brand Ultimo is launching a diamond encrusted bra costing a whopping GBP800,000.
"If you’re feeling generous and want to spoil your lady this Christmas, this is the only way to do it," a company statement said.
Now forgive me for being a 'low roller', but forking out close to a million for a stocking filler seems a bit much, and not just because there's a recession on.
As you can see below, the diamond bra is stunning - adorned with 32 brilliant-cut 1 carat diamonds that form the bra’s backstrap.
But something tells me it is closer aligned to the Christmas list of a footballer's wife than a journalist's.
Luckily Ultimo is also launching a 'spend a little less' version priced at just GBP35, meaning the rest of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Designer, Michelle Mone OBE, adds: "Everyone has felt the pinch of the recession, so we created an identical bra design replacing the diamonds with diamanté crystals. Women can stay equally as stylish and glamorous on a budget thanks to this bra."
Christmas is back on.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar