Blog: Something for the Christmas list?
Joe Ayling | 15 December 2010
The female fascination of sparkling diamonds has driven many a prospective husband towards bankruptcy, but this year it gets worse.
Look away now gents, because luxury lingerie brand Ultimo is launching a diamond encrusted bra costing a whopping GBP800,000.
"If you’re feeling generous and want to spoil your lady this Christmas, this is the only way to do it," a company statement said.
Now forgive me for being a 'low roller', but forking out close to a million for a stocking filler seems a bit much, and not just because there's a recession on.
As you can see below, the diamond bra is stunning - adorned with 32 brilliant-cut 1 carat diamonds that form the bra’s backstrap.
But something tells me it is closer aligned to the Christmas list of a footballer's wife than a journalist's.
Luckily Ultimo is also launching a 'spend a little less' version priced at just GBP35, meaning the rest of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Designer, Michelle Mone OBE, adds: "Everyone has felt the pinch of the recession, so we created an identical bra design replacing the diamonds with diamanté crystals. Women can stay equally as stylish and glamorous on a budget thanks to this bra."
Christmas is back on.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar