Blog: Something for the Christmas list?
Joe Ayling | 15 December 2010
The female fascination of sparkling diamonds has driven many a prospective husband towards bankruptcy, but this year it gets worse.
Look away now gents, because luxury lingerie brand Ultimo is launching a diamond encrusted bra costing a whopping GBP800,000.
"If you’re feeling generous and want to spoil your lady this Christmas, this is the only way to do it," a company statement said.
Now forgive me for being a 'low roller', but forking out close to a million for a stocking filler seems a bit much, and not just because there's a recession on.
As you can see below, the diamond bra is stunning - adorned with 32 brilliant-cut 1 carat diamonds that form the bra’s backstrap.
But something tells me it is closer aligned to the Christmas list of a footballer's wife than a journalist's.
Luckily Ultimo is also launching a 'spend a little less' version priced at just GBP35, meaning the rest of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Designer, Michelle Mone OBE, adds: "Everyone has felt the pinch of the recession, so we created an identical bra design replacing the diamonds with diamanté crystals. Women can stay equally as stylish and glamorous on a budget thanks to this bra."
Christmas is back on.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020