Blog: Something for the Christmas list?
Joe Ayling | 15 December 2010
The female fascination of sparkling diamonds has driven many a prospective husband towards bankruptcy, but this year it gets worse.
Look away now gents, because luxury lingerie brand Ultimo is launching a diamond encrusted bra costing a whopping GBP800,000.
"If you’re feeling generous and want to spoil your lady this Christmas, this is the only way to do it," a company statement said.
Now forgive me for being a 'low roller', but forking out close to a million for a stocking filler seems a bit much, and not just because there's a recession on.
As you can see below, the diamond bra is stunning - adorned with 32 brilliant-cut 1 carat diamonds that form the bra’s backstrap.
But something tells me it is closer aligned to the Christmas list of a footballer's wife than a journalist's.
Luckily Ultimo is also launching a 'spend a little less' version priced at just GBP35, meaning the rest of us can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Designer, Michelle Mone OBE, adds: "Everyone has felt the pinch of the recession, so we created an identical bra design replacing the diamonds with diamanté crystals. Women can stay equally as stylish and glamorous on a budget thanks to this bra."
Christmas is back on.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective