Blog: Spice up your laundry
Joe Ayling | 18 August 2010
The race is on to invent new ways of drying your laundry, with denim firm Levi Strauss handing out prizes to the most novel ideas.
Leading innovations include artwork that doubles up as drying racks and a steel rack that disappear after use, called The Evaporation Station.
A panel of five eco-innovator judges declared a design called Nothing Is What It Seems by Canadian designer Caleb Hill as the winner of the Levi's Care to Air Design Challenge.
The competition was launched in June, and this week the finalists presented their clothes drying design solutions via video presentations that can be found here.
As previously blogged, a great place to find new fashion ideas is also Dragon's Den, a TV show for budding inventors. Earlier this month a British gentlemen appeared on the show looking for investment in his motorised washing line, but was left out to dry.
It seems doubtful that the age-old problem of drying clothes has an obvious fix that doesn't involve a rack, washing line and tumble dryer, but there's no reason we can't make these products a tad more glamorous.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores