Blog: Spinning a yarn with Invista?
Leonie Barrie | 10 September 2003
But while the official position from the company runs along the lines of: “We are stepping forward into our future – creating a vital new company and identity that is up to the challenge of serving our global customers with renewed determination and clarity,” the sceptics out there are wondering if there is more to the name change than is at first apparent.
In August, DuPont said it was in exclusive negotiations with subsidiaries of Koch Industries Inc regarding the possible sale of DTI, now Invista. But is the re-branding as Invista in fact leading up to the spin-off, rather than sale, of the wholly owned subsidiary?
DuPont has not tried to hide the fact that it wants to exit the textiles and interior business, which faces tough competition from Asia and rising raw material costs. But it is also refusing to be drawn into making any further announcements “unless a definitive agreement has been signed or discussions have been terminated.” Until then, it is stepping up its efforts to build the Invista name.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts