Blog: Sri Lanka: The end of the event
Leonie Barrie | 4 December 2009
I'm nearing the end of a manic, exhausting but highly enjoyable week in Sri Lanka as part of the country's first ever Design Week. My visit has been punctuated by three fashion shows, an ethical fashion symposium, six factory visits, and nearly 20 hours in a coach - all in the wilting 30º heat.
Thanks to all who've worked so hard to make this such a memorable event.
Meeting the elephant at Penguin Group:
And a first taste of Christmas:
But trying to write on the coach was a definite low point:
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores