Blog: Sri Lankan company wins firm of the year
Leonie Barrie | 24 June 2015
Congratulations to Textured Jersey Lanka Plc, which has won top prize in the inaugural World Textile Awards sponsored by The Textile Institute.
The company, which makes knitted fabrics for the intimate apparel and active wear industries, was named International Textile Firm of the Year. A joint venture between Hong Kong’s Pacific Textiles and Brandix Lanka, it counts Marks & Spencer, Victoria’s Secret, Fila, Tezenis, Intimissmi and Calvin Klein amongst its clients.
The accolade comes just a month after Brandix Group secured the top slot as Global Supplier of the Year to apparel giant PVH Corp for its strategic collaboration on the Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Heritage Brands across multiple underwear categories.
The World Textile Awards saw a raft of entries from all four corners of the globe, with individual category winners as follows:
- Fibre Producer of the Year: Indorama Ventures Ltd, Indonesia
- Spinner of the Year: Vardhman Textiles Ltd, India
- Weaver of the Year: Taylor & Lodge, United Kingdom
- Dyer & Finisher of the Year: Textured Jersey Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Garment Maker of the Year: CKT Apparel (Hirdaramani Group), Sri Lanka
- Technical Textile Producer of the Year: DSM Dyneema, United States
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020