Blog: Sri Lankan company wins firm of the year
Leonie Barrie | 24 June 2015
Congratulations to Textured Jersey Lanka Plc, which has won top prize in the inaugural World Textile Awards sponsored by The Textile Institute.
The company, which makes knitted fabrics for the intimate apparel and active wear industries, was named International Textile Firm of the Year. A joint venture between Hong Kong’s Pacific Textiles and Brandix Lanka, it counts Marks & Spencer, Victoria’s Secret, Fila, Tezenis, Intimissmi and Calvin Klein amongst its clients.
The accolade comes just a month after Brandix Group secured the top slot as Global Supplier of the Year to apparel giant PVH Corp for its strategic collaboration on the Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Heritage Brands across multiple underwear categories.
The World Textile Awards saw a raft of entries from all four corners of the globe, with individual category winners as follows:
- Fibre Producer of the Year: Indorama Ventures Ltd, Indonesia
- Spinner of the Year: Vardhman Textiles Ltd, India
- Weaver of the Year: Taylor & Lodge, United Kingdom
- Dyer & Finisher of the Year: Textured Jersey Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Garment Maker of the Year: CKT Apparel (Hirdaramani Group), Sri Lanka
- Technical Textile Producer of the Year: DSM Dyneema, United States
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
UK garment factory workers producing for fashion brands including New Look, River Island and Boohoo have been found to be working for less than half the minimum wage, an undercover investigation has f...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022