Blog: Sri Lanka’s GSP+ is going...
Leonie Barrie | 17 February 2010
There are two lessons to be learned from the EU’s decision to remove Sri Lanka’s GSP+ trade benefits. The first, from a supplier point of view, is the proverbial “don’t put all your eggs in one basket.”
And the second is that it’s easy to forget the reason these countries get preferences is because they’re developing countries that need assistance. And that inevitably makes them more volatile as a supply base.
Retailers and exporters who have invested heavily in the country in recent years – encouraged by a combination of duty-free benefits, skilled workers, and good track record on ethical trading – now have some important decisions to make.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022