Blog: Suit a snip at GBP45,000
Leonie Barrie | 18 October 2007
For the man who has everything, how about the world’s most expensive suit? Savile Row tailor William Westmancott has come up with the 'Ultimate Bespoke,' made from a one-off luxury cloth designed and woven in a traditional English Mill.
Perhaps fearful that this alone doesn’t justify the eye-watering GBP45,000 (US$92,000) price tag, Westmancott points out that the suit will take 150 to 200 workshop hours of construction, with many weeks of work spent designing and weaving the cloth and linings. Oh, and a complete sample suit will be made first to ensure the pattern is perfect. And the tailor will fly out to “anywhere in the world” to carry out the fittings. Still not reaching for your wallet? How about a complimentary set of five bespoke shirts worth GBP2,475 thrown in as part of the deal? No, I didn’t think so.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report