Blog: Suit a snip at GBP45,000
Leonie Barrie | 18 October 2007
For the man who has everything, how about the world’s most expensive suit? Savile Row tailor William Westmancott has come up with the 'Ultimate Bespoke,' made from a one-off luxury cloth designed and woven in a traditional English Mill.
Perhaps fearful that this alone doesn’t justify the eye-watering GBP45,000 (US$92,000) price tag, Westmancott points out that the suit will take 150 to 200 workshop hours of construction, with many weeks of work spent designing and weaving the cloth and linings. Oh, and a complete sample suit will be made first to ensure the pattern is perfect. And the tailor will fly out to “anywhere in the world” to carry out the fittings. Still not reaching for your wallet? How about a complimentary set of five bespoke shirts worth GBP2,475 thrown in as part of the deal? No, I didn’t think so.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020