Blog: Suits you
Leonie Barrie | 23 July 2004
Our colleagues at Access Asia report that one of the major reasons companies commit horrendous mistakes in China is that they hear little snippets of information about problems, but then never follow up to see whether that problem was solved, went away or worsened.
Their latest newsletter offers an update on the power shortage now facing Beijing. This, it says, is "now so serious that electricity may be rationed to luxury hotels in a bid to conserve energy. Beijing may ask its big hotels to cut their power consumption by up to 20 per cent. Under the plan, electricity would simply be switched off once a hotel exceeded its quota. As was the case last year, shopping centres have also been instructed to cut back on air conditioning, escalators and lighting. So this summer expect the mall to be hot and your five-star hotel room possibly to be dark and clammy."
Another spin-off is "the official drive to discourage people from wearing suits." You have been warned!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth