Blog: Sushi style
Leonie Barrie | 7 July 2004
Try as I might, I'm still searching for a link between sushi and socks. One of the more bizarre press releases to come my way today is promoting a range of sushi-inspired baby socks, caps, and washcloths "which look like something out of your local sushi bar!" Now my understanding of sushi is, in the broadest terms, a Japanese dish of raw fish and other delicacies wrapped with rice and seaweed.
But US firm Pink Confection has taken this one step further: "Sushi & Socky contains two freshly rolled pieces of sushi made out of 3 pairs of rolled socks. In the middle is a coloured sock rolled inside of a white and then black sock. Washimi contains one coloured wash cloth resting on a white wash cloth, all tied together with black ribbon acting as seaweed. Cappa-Maki contains 3 baby caps in a roll. All are packaged in sushi take out containers with the ingredients and net weight on the labels."
To my mind this takes lateral thinking to the extreme. Maybe the range was inspired by a good meal - and a few too many bottles of sake rice wine!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022