Blog: Sushi style
Leonie Barrie | 7 July 2004
Try as I might, I'm still searching for a link between sushi and socks. One of the more bizarre press releases to come my way today is promoting a range of sushi-inspired baby socks, caps, and washcloths "which look like something out of your local sushi bar!" Now my understanding of sushi is, in the broadest terms, a Japanese dish of raw fish and other delicacies wrapped with rice and seaweed.
But US firm Pink Confection has taken this one step further: "Sushi & Socky contains two freshly rolled pieces of sushi made out of 3 pairs of rolled socks. In the middle is a coloured sock rolled inside of a white and then black sock. Washimi contains one coloured wash cloth resting on a white wash cloth, all tied together with black ribbon acting as seaweed. Cappa-Maki contains 3 baby caps in a roll. All are packaged in sushi take out containers with the ingredients and net weight on the labels."
To my mind this takes lateral thinking to the extreme. Maybe the range was inspired by a good meal - and a few too many bottles of sake rice wine!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores