Blog: T-shirt tantrums
Leonie Barrie | 26 August 2004
I’ve lost count of the number of times Abercrombie & Fitch has hit the headlines for being controversial in one way or another. From garments depicting racist caricatures of Asian Americans, to its use of scantily clad models in sexually suggestive poses, and even wardrobing lawsuits from its workers. In the past, its excuses have included a lack of test-marketing – but what, I wonder, will its explanation be for the latest debacle? Currently raising blood pressure in the US are its T-shirts bearing slogans such as "Iowa: We Do Amazing Things with Corn!"; Kentucky's shirt proclaims, "Electricity in Almost Every Town."
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022