Blog: Texprocess trade fair opens next week
Katie Smith | 5 June 2013
The Texprocess sewn products, sourcing and equipment trade fair will open its doors for the second time next week with more than 1,600 exhibitors.
The event, which covers all stages of the textile processing chain, takes place parallel to the Techtextil trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, from 10-13 June.
Visitors from the fashion industry can find out about production countries and manufacturing firms at The 'Source it' procurement platform in hall 5.0, where Eastern Europe and North Africa are focal points this year.
"This takes account of the fact that many companies are bringing their textile processing and apparel manufacturing work closer to consumer markets," said Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH.
Some 326 companies from 37 countries will present their high-tech solutions in four halls of Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre, while 1,322 exhibitors from 48 countries will make presentations at Techtextil.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022