Blog: Texprocess trade fair opens next week
Katie Smith | 5 June 2013
The Texprocess sewn products, sourcing and equipment trade fair will open its doors for the second time next week with more than 1,600 exhibitors.
The event, which covers all stages of the textile processing chain, takes place parallel to the Techtextil trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, from 10-13 June.
Visitors from the fashion industry can find out about production countries and manufacturing firms at The 'Source it' procurement platform in hall 5.0, where Eastern Europe and North Africa are focal points this year.
"This takes account of the fact that many companies are bringing their textile processing and apparel manufacturing work closer to consumer markets," said Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH.
Some 326 companies from 37 countries will present their high-tech solutions in four halls of Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre, while 1,322 exhibitors from 48 countries will make presentations at Techtextil.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts