Blog: Texprocess trade fair opens next week
Katie Smith | 5 June 2013
The Texprocess sewn products, sourcing and equipment trade fair will open its doors for the second time next week with more than 1,600 exhibitors.
The event, which covers all stages of the textile processing chain, takes place parallel to the Techtextil trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, from 10-13 June.
Visitors from the fashion industry can find out about production countries and manufacturing firms at The 'Source it' procurement platform in hall 5.0, where Eastern Europe and North Africa are focal points this year.
"This takes account of the fact that many companies are bringing their textile processing and apparel manufacturing work closer to consumer markets," said Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH.
Some 326 companies from 37 countries will present their high-tech solutions in four halls of Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre, while 1,322 exhibitors from 48 countries will make presentations at Techtextil.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022