Blog: Texprocess trade fair opens next week
Katie Smith | 5 June 2013
The Texprocess sewn products, sourcing and equipment trade fair will open its doors for the second time next week with more than 1,600 exhibitors.
The event, which covers all stages of the textile processing chain, takes place parallel to the Techtextil trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, from 10-13 June.
Visitors from the fashion industry can find out about production countries and manufacturing firms at The 'Source it' procurement platform in hall 5.0, where Eastern Europe and North Africa are focal points this year.
"This takes account of the fact that many companies are bringing their textile processing and apparel manufacturing work closer to consumer markets," said Detlef Braun, member of the executive board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH.
Some 326 companies from 37 countries will present their high-tech solutions in four halls of Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre, while 1,322 exhibitors from 48 countries will make presentations at Techtextil.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020