Blog: The Brits are coming…slowly
Leonie Barrie | 23 June 2006
It’s one thing to have the ambition to take a well-known retail brand from one country to another, but something else entirely to turn the vision into reality as Sir Philip Green is finding out. He intends to open a flagship store for his Topshop chain in New York, but apart from finding the right site on which to invest his US$50m there is also the small detail of how to run the business from a distance.
“We are looking at it but we haven't got our heads around servicing and logistics,” he said yesterday. For a brand that prides itself on frequent deliveries of new stock, it’s not uncommon to receive two to three deliveries of fresh merchandise a day at its Oxford Street flagship in London. How it achieves that newness in New York is still up for discussion, but rumours that it could hire its own cargo plane to ensure a flow of merchandise are surely not far off the mark.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022