Blog: The Luis Vuitton bag of all bags
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2007
Luxury goods firm Louis Vuitton is currently auctioning the 'ultimate travel bag' for a children's charity, at the substantial reserve of GBP10,000 (US$20,410).
This mother of all bags includes a designer passport cover, set of wheels and pulling mechanism, cashmere eyeshades, blanket, computer case, jewellery kit and even a clutch bag for "instant glamour on-the-run".
It also measures just 50x32x32cm, which is within legal carry-on requirements of major air carriers.
Fashion editor of The Times newspaper, Lisa Armstrong, helped create the bag after raising the question of what makes the ultimate handbag.
This got me thinking about what the ultimate 'manbag' might include. Items high on the agenda would perhaps be a food compartment, wash bag, and even a bow tie for "instant glamour on-the-run". Of course, mechanisms for the opening, cooling and drinking of beer would be essential too.
I would be interested to hear what just-style readers would include in their ultimate bag?
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022