Blog: The Luis Vuitton bag of all bags
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2007
Luxury goods firm Louis Vuitton is currently auctioning the 'ultimate travel bag' for a children's charity, at the substantial reserve of GBP10,000 (US$20,410).
This mother of all bags includes a designer passport cover, set of wheels and pulling mechanism, cashmere eyeshades, blanket, computer case, jewellery kit and even a clutch bag for "instant glamour on-the-run".
It also measures just 50x32x32cm, which is within legal carry-on requirements of major air carriers.
Fashion editor of The Times newspaper, Lisa Armstrong, helped create the bag after raising the question of what makes the ultimate handbag.
This got me thinking about what the ultimate 'manbag' might include. Items high on the agenda would perhaps be a food compartment, wash bag, and even a bow tie for "instant glamour on-the-run". Of course, mechanisms for the opening, cooling and drinking of beer would be essential too.
I would be interested to hear what just-style readers would include in their ultimate bag?
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022