Blog: The Luis Vuitton bag of all bags
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2007
Luxury goods firm Louis Vuitton is currently auctioning the 'ultimate travel bag' for a children's charity, at the substantial reserve of GBP10,000 (US$20,410).
This mother of all bags includes a designer passport cover, set of wheels and pulling mechanism, cashmere eyeshades, blanket, computer case, jewellery kit and even a clutch bag for "instant glamour on-the-run".
It also measures just 50x32x32cm, which is within legal carry-on requirements of major air carriers.
Fashion editor of The Times newspaper, Lisa Armstrong, helped create the bag after raising the question of what makes the ultimate handbag.
This got me thinking about what the ultimate 'manbag' might include. Items high on the agenda would perhaps be a food compartment, wash bag, and even a bow tie for "instant glamour on-the-run". Of course, mechanisms for the opening, cooling and drinking of beer would be essential too.
I would be interested to hear what just-style readers would include in their ultimate bag?
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020