Blog: The Luis Vuitton bag of all bags
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2007
Luxury goods firm Louis Vuitton is currently auctioning the 'ultimate travel bag' for a children's charity, at the substantial reserve of GBP10,000 (US$20,410).
This mother of all bags includes a designer passport cover, set of wheels and pulling mechanism, cashmere eyeshades, blanket, computer case, jewellery kit and even a clutch bag for "instant glamour on-the-run".
It also measures just 50x32x32cm, which is within legal carry-on requirements of major air carriers.
Fashion editor of The Times newspaper, Lisa Armstrong, helped create the bag after raising the question of what makes the ultimate handbag.
This got me thinking about what the ultimate 'manbag' might include. Items high on the agenda would perhaps be a food compartment, wash bag, and even a bow tie for "instant glamour on-the-run". Of course, mechanisms for the opening, cooling and drinking of beer would be essential too.
I would be interested to hear what just-style readers would include in their ultimate bag?
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack