Blog: The Luis Vuitton bag of all bags
Joe Ayling | 13 December 2007
Luxury goods firm Louis Vuitton is currently auctioning the 'ultimate travel bag' for a children's charity, at the substantial reserve of GBP10,000 (US$20,410).
This mother of all bags includes a designer passport cover, set of wheels and pulling mechanism, cashmere eyeshades, blanket, computer case, jewellery kit and even a clutch bag for "instant glamour on-the-run".
It also measures just 50x32x32cm, which is within legal carry-on requirements of major air carriers.
Fashion editor of The Times newspaper, Lisa Armstrong, helped create the bag after raising the question of what makes the ultimate handbag.
This got me thinking about what the ultimate 'manbag' might include. Items high on the agenda would perhaps be a food compartment, wash bag, and even a bow tie for "instant glamour on-the-run". Of course, mechanisms for the opening, cooling and drinking of beer would be essential too.
I would be interested to hear what just-style readers would include in their ultimate bag?
Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar