Blog: The MFA on the BBC
Leonie Barrie | 30 January 2004
The whirlwind of international trade diplomacy that is the Multi Fibre Agreement found its way onto BBC Radio 4’s In Business programme last night. The 30-minute programme is well worth listening to. It takes a close look at the MFA and the impact of its abolition at the end of 2004 on developing countries, in particular Sri Lanka. The programme’s presenter Peter Day speaks with MAS Holdings’ chairman Mahesh Amalean, who I also met with when I visited the country at the end of last year. But I’m a little annoyed that several things we discussed as being ‘off the record’ have subsequently found their way into this radio broadcast!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar