Blog: The name of the game
Leonie Barrie | 4 April 2005
A good website name or URL like fashion.co.uk, denim.co.uk, bikini.co.uk, swimwear.co.uk or bridalgown.co.uk has the potential to rack up thousands of website visitors a day without any online or offline promotion - simply by virtue of the name alone. If you thought the best had all been taken, then here’s the good news: more than 2000 names like these are up for grabs for the first time since registration. They’re being made available to the UK fashion industry by Internet entrepreneur Steve Jackson who sees them being shared by established online businesses from the fashion industry who want a second bite of the cherry when attracting potential new business. I suspect it's too much for companies to join together to reap the benefits - but for any business that has bags.co.uk, costume.co.uk or even whitewedding.co.uk on its wish-list then now's the time to stake your claim.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack