Blog: The name of the game
Leonie Barrie | 4 April 2005
A good website name or URL like fashion.co.uk, denim.co.uk, bikini.co.uk, swimwear.co.uk or bridalgown.co.uk has the potential to rack up thousands of website visitors a day without any online or offline promotion - simply by virtue of the name alone. If you thought the best had all been taken, then here’s the good news: more than 2000 names like these are up for grabs for the first time since registration. They’re being made available to the UK fashion industry by Internet entrepreneur Steve Jackson who sees them being shared by established online businesses from the fashion industry who want a second bite of the cherry when attracting potential new business. I suspect it's too much for companies to join together to reap the benefits - but for any business that has bags.co.uk, costume.co.uk or even whitewedding.co.uk on its wish-list then now's the time to stake your claim.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020