Blog: The name of the game
Leonie Barrie | 4 April 2005
A good website name or URL like fashion.co.uk, denim.co.uk, bikini.co.uk, swimwear.co.uk or bridalgown.co.uk has the potential to rack up thousands of website visitors a day without any online or offline promotion - simply by virtue of the name alone. If you thought the best had all been taken, then here’s the good news: more than 2000 names like these are up for grabs for the first time since registration. They’re being made available to the UK fashion industry by Internet entrepreneur Steve Jackson who sees them being shared by established online businesses from the fashion industry who want a second bite of the cherry when attracting potential new business. I suspect it's too much for companies to join together to reap the benefits - but for any business that has bags.co.uk, costume.co.uk or even whitewedding.co.uk on its wish-list then now's the time to stake your claim.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar