Blog: The name of the game
Leonie Barrie | 4 April 2005
A good website name or URL like fashion.co.uk, denim.co.uk, bikini.co.uk, swimwear.co.uk or bridalgown.co.uk has the potential to rack up thousands of website visitors a day without any online or offline promotion - simply by virtue of the name alone. If you thought the best had all been taken, then here’s the good news: more than 2000 names like these are up for grabs for the first time since registration. They’re being made available to the UK fashion industry by Internet entrepreneur Steve Jackson who sees them being shared by established online businesses from the fashion industry who want a second bite of the cherry when attracting potential new business. I suspect it's too much for companies to join together to reap the benefits - but for any business that has bags.co.uk, costume.co.uk or even whitewedding.co.uk on its wish-list then now's the time to stake your claim.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022