Blog: Touchy-feely Tees
Leonie Barrie | 10 February 2006
Here’s a great idea. It’s not new, but it’s definitely fun and adds a new dimension to clothing: T-shirts with raised Braille lettering on the front spelling out special slogans and messages. Entrepreneur Kara Euvino's black T-shirts and tank tops have sayings on them such as ‘Pure trouble,’ ‘Atkins approved,’ ‘Nothing artificial,’ and ‘Plays well with others.’ Primitive State and NotVanilla take it a step further with words like ‘Lickable’ – but includes a translation hidden under the hem at the front. If you don’t want people to run their fingers over the shirts to decipher the messages, then I suppose one with the words ‘Hands off’ would be appropriate. Or maybe a new line adorned with words in sign language would have the desired effect!
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022