Blog: Touchy-feely Tees
Leonie Barrie | 10 February 2006
Here’s a great idea. It’s not new, but it’s definitely fun and adds a new dimension to clothing: T-shirts with raised Braille lettering on the front spelling out special slogans and messages. Entrepreneur Kara Euvino's black T-shirts and tank tops have sayings on them such as ‘Pure trouble,’ ‘Atkins approved,’ ‘Nothing artificial,’ and ‘Plays well with others.’ Primitive State and NotVanilla take it a step further with words like ‘Lickable’ – but includes a translation hidden under the hem at the front. If you don’t want people to run their fingers over the shirts to decipher the messages, then I suppose one with the words ‘Hands off’ would be appropriate. Or maybe a new line adorned with words in sign language would have the desired effect!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar