Blog: Touchy-feely Tees
Leonie Barrie | 10 February 2006
Here’s a great idea. It’s not new, but it’s definitely fun and adds a new dimension to clothing: T-shirts with raised Braille lettering on the front spelling out special slogans and messages. Entrepreneur Kara Euvino's black T-shirts and tank tops have sayings on them such as ‘Pure trouble,’ ‘Atkins approved,’ ‘Nothing artificial,’ and ‘Plays well with others.’ Primitive State and NotVanilla take it a step further with words like ‘Lickable’ – but includes a translation hidden under the hem at the front. If you don’t want people to run their fingers over the shirts to decipher the messages, then I suppose one with the words ‘Hands off’ would be appropriate. Or maybe a new line adorned with words in sign language would have the desired effect!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar