Blog: Trip to Thailand
Leonie Barrie | 23 September 2006
Thankfully the situation in Thailand seems to have stabilised after the military coup on Tuesday ousted PM Thaksin Shinawatra. I must confess to having more than a passing interest in the situation since I travel to Bangkok tomorrow. It’s been a good five years since I was last in Thailand, but I have very fond memories of the place and hope I don’t find things have changed too much – apart from the sight of tanks and soldiers on the capital’s streets of course.
The main thrust of my trip is to visit the Bangkok International Fashion Fair and Bangkok International Leather Fair 2006 which take place from 27 September to 1 October, but I’m also due to visit some manufacturers too, and it will be fascinating to hear first-hand how they think recent events will impact on Thailand’s clothing industry. It goes without saying that I’ll share my findings with you here.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022