Blog: Trying Triumph's Fantasy Mirror
Petah Marian | 27 February 2012
Triumph launched a virtual Fantasy Mirror alongside a new range of lingerie with brand ambassador Helena Christensen last week.
The mirror gives consumers the illusion of standing in front of a full-sized mirror in a changing room. A motion sensor camera, which looks like a modified Kinect for the Xbox 360 (for the videogamers reading here), creates a an accurate 3D reconstruction, tracks the viewer's body which is then translated onto the screen as a 3D silhouette of a female avatar that moves in real time to the user's motions.
The mirror allows users to virtually try on a range of lingerie from the Triumph Essence collection, selecting from items displayed on a small touch screen.
Playing with the Fantasy Mirror at the launch of the latest Triumph range at Selfridges on Thursday, I was pretty impressed by how well it worked. From a vanity perspective (and in a room full of lithe fashion journalists) I'm pleased with how the device improved my shape and it was a good way of looking through the new range.
This "improvement" also means that I wouldn't wholly rely on it when buying lingerie. Fantasy Fitting room is a neat way of looking quickly through a range, I doubt it will replace the expertise of the fitters in the real changing rooms.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts