Blog: TV tips
Leonie Barrie | 6 November 2006
Retailers are increasingly latching on to the fact that consumers want more and more from their clothing. Style, quality and price are a given, it seems, and every little extra helps sway the final purchase.
Marks & Spencer, for example, has a ‘Look Behind the Label’ campaign highlighting the fact that its 85% of its clothes are machine-washable, including some suits, silk, cashmere and suede garments. It talks about the testing processes its garments are put through, and this year became the first major high street retailer to sell men's and women’s T-shirts and socks made entirely from Fairtrade cotton.
Over in the US, it’s the same strategy but with a different approach. A hilarious new ad campaign from Haggar Clothing Co offers tips from suburban dads Pete and Red on how clothing can help them to cope with life’s little ups and downs. Got an urge to throw your daughter's boyfriend out the window? Haggar khakis, with the ‘Do-It-To-It Waistband,’ really lets you swing through. Need to give your neighbour his dog poop back? Haggar’s unbustable seams will let you bend over to pick it up without worry.
The campaign first appeared on the YouTube video-sharing site on 1 November - and was the #1 most-watched and #1 most-forwarded video of that day. If you’re unlikely to catch it on TV – ie, if you don’t live in the US – the campaign can be viewed here
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack