Blog: Two of a kind?
Leonie Barrie | 29 January 2010
Armani Exchange, a unit of Italian fashion house Giorgio Armani, has ruffled feathers in Indonesia after selling a T-shirt on its website bearing a logo similar to Indonesia's national symbol.
The $42 garment featured a studded eagle design that some Indonesians thought bore an uncanny resemblance to Garuda Pancasila, the country’s coat of arms which features a mythical and powerful bird-like creature.
The T-shirt has now been withdrawn, along with an apology from Armani Exchange “for any offence this may have caused.”
But local MPs still seem divided by the issue. While some are calling for Armani to be sued for insulting the nation, others are less irate. “It’s a sparrow, a very big sparrow,” said one, urging people to stop making such a big deal over a T-shirt.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022