Blog: UFKT plans Let's Make it Here re-launch
Katie Smith | 5 September 2013
The UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) is to re-launch its database of UK apparel manufacturers in November.
Let's Make it Here, which profiles UK textile manufacturers, will feature extensive category listings including garments, accessories, fabric, footwear, yarn, components, ancillary equipment, and service providers.
The database is designed for companies who own production facilities in the UK and can manufacture for designers, brands and retailers to their own specifications and their own label.
Any firm who is seeking UK manufacturers will be able to use the database to search for companies who can supply services such as pattern cutting or grading for free.
An improved search functionality and a detailed google map search by UK postcode will also be featured on the revamped site, according to UKFT.
"We think this improved resource is vital for the industry which is demanding more and more UK made products," UKFT said.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
Ananas Anam has secured financing to help ramp up its supply of Piñatex, a natural and sustainable alternative to leather made of fibres from pineapple leaves....
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar