Blog: UFKT plans Let's Make it Here re-launch
Katie Smith | 5 September 2013
The UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) is to re-launch its database of UK apparel manufacturers in November.
Let's Make it Here, which profiles UK textile manufacturers, will feature extensive category listings including garments, accessories, fabric, footwear, yarn, components, ancillary equipment, and service providers.
The database is designed for companies who own production facilities in the UK and can manufacture for designers, brands and retailers to their own specifications and their own label.
Any firm who is seeking UK manufacturers will be able to use the database to search for companies who can supply services such as pattern cutting or grading for free.
An improved search functionality and a detailed google map search by UK postcode will also be featured on the revamped site, according to UKFT.
"We think this improved resource is vital for the industry which is demanding more and more UK made products," UKFT said.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022