Blog: UFKT plans Let's Make it Here re-launch
Katie Smith | 5 September 2013
The UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) is to re-launch its database of UK apparel manufacturers in November.
Let's Make it Here, which profiles UK textile manufacturers, will feature extensive category listings including garments, accessories, fabric, footwear, yarn, components, ancillary equipment, and service providers.
The database is designed for companies who own production facilities in the UK and can manufacture for designers, brands and retailers to their own specifications and their own label.
Any firm who is seeking UK manufacturers will be able to use the database to search for companies who can supply services such as pattern cutting or grading for free.
An improved search functionality and a detailed google map search by UK postcode will also be featured on the revamped site, according to UKFT.
"We think this improved resource is vital for the industry which is demanding more and more UK made products," UKFT said.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
The European Union (EU) is being urged to adopt a roadmap for Sri Lanka with time-bound measures to comply with core labour conventions before it can regain GSP+ beneficiary status. ...
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack