Blog: Ugg boots and Jimmy Choos?
Leonie Barrie | 15 January 2010
In what must surely count among the more bizarre fashion pairings of recent times, comfy casual sheepskin boot maker Ugg Australia is teaming up with luxury shoe brand Jimmy Choo on a limited edition line.
The co-branded collection of women's sheepskin footwear products won’t be available until October, and it’s hard to imagine what the two teams will come up with.
“Ugg boot construction with design details that embody the spirit of the Jimmy Choo brand” and “luxury comfort meeting high fashion” are the official lines on the new collection.
But even so, that’s not giving a lot away. Sheepskin stilettos? Or studded mesh slippers? Only time will tell on this one.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022