Blog: Ugg boots and Jimmy Choos?
Leonie Barrie | 15 January 2010
In what must surely count among the more bizarre fashion pairings of recent times, comfy casual sheepskin boot maker Ugg Australia is teaming up with luxury shoe brand Jimmy Choo on a limited edition line.
The co-branded collection of women's sheepskin footwear products won’t be available until October, and it’s hard to imagine what the two teams will come up with.
“Ugg boot construction with design details that embody the spirit of the Jimmy Choo brand” and “luxury comfort meeting high fashion” are the official lines on the new collection.
But even so, that’s not giving a lot away. Sheepskin stilettos? Or studded mesh slippers? Only time will tell on this one.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar