Blog: Ugg boots and Jimmy Choos?
Leonie Barrie | 15 January 2010
In what must surely count among the more bizarre fashion pairings of recent times, comfy casual sheepskin boot maker Ugg Australia is teaming up with luxury shoe brand Jimmy Choo on a limited edition line.
The co-branded collection of women's sheepskin footwear products won’t be available until October, and it’s hard to imagine what the two teams will come up with.
“Ugg boot construction with design details that embody the spirit of the Jimmy Choo brand” and “luxury comfort meeting high fashion” are the official lines on the new collection.
But even so, that’s not giving a lot away. Sheepskin stilettos? Or studded mesh slippers? Only time will tell on this one.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022