Blog: UK recession imminent?
Leonie Barrie | 7 July 2008
Today (7 July) just-style features a comment piece by guest columnist and automotive industry analyst Rob Golding.
The article has turned a few heads on the Aroq news desk, having been circulated by our sister site just-auto.
Golding's insight into the state of the UK economy draws examples from the last UK recession 18 years ago, and from big companies like clothing chain M&S and car maker Ford who are feeling the pinch.
Whether a recession is looming or not, his personal observations about the cost of living are echoed by most consumers. Indeed, the problems M&S faces in selling premium food is also translated to the high street, where consumers on a shoe string are lured into Primark - making it the UK's second largest clothing retailer.
Read more below...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022