Blog: US No 3 – a high risk?
Leonie Barrie | 18 November 2004
The $11 billion deal between Kmart and Sears sounds impressive, but will the combination of struggling discounter and struggling department store work? The new Sears Holdings Corp will be US’s third largest retailer, but both the Kmart and Sears chains will remain in one form or another. Retailing experts agree that both Kmart and Sears need a long-term strategy for turnaround, including a more aggressive off mall stance and cross selling of the brands. But the promise of up to $500 million a year in savings within three years from store conversions, back-office job cuts, more efficient buying of goods and possible store closings will surely appeal to the financial markets.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022