Blog: Wal-Mart’s sustainable supply
Leonie Barrie | 3 July 2006
Last week, a group of textile supply chain specialists, environmental consultants and representatives from non-profit organisations descended upon the world’s largest retailer to look at the sustainable production and use of textiles. Wal-Mart says it is keen to gain an insight into the debate on natural fibres and wants to learn more about standards, metrics, and certifications, key trends, definitions of sustainability in the textile supply chain, and the environmental, social, and economic impact of different business choices – although before you read too much into its intentions, the company stresses it doesn’t expect to make any immediate business decisions following the meeting.
But for anyone who’s sceptical about its commitment to sustainable textiles, Wal-Mart was recently named as one the five brands using the most organic cotton globally in 2005.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack