Blog: Wax lightens up retail event
Joe Ayling | 5 April 2011
just-style headed into London this afternoon for the Retail London Conference, only to find out it was being hosted by comedian Ruby Wax.
"I would've been a model if my legs were longer," she opens up. In fairness, Wax is doing herself proud, using her humour and substantial shopping experience to keep delegates entertained.
First up was former Asda chairman Andy Bond, who, with Wax unaware beforehand he had left the company, was quizzed about what he was up to.
Now consulting for retailers including Republic in the UK, Bond has kept pace with the consumer environment, and feels the real retail recession is still to come. "2011 and 2012 are going to be very tough years," he says.
Nevertheless, Wax sees opportunities right here right now, tapping up attendees from Harvey Nicholls and Urban Outfitters for goodies regardless.
Follow further coverage of Retail London on just-style and on Twitter.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack